Friday, August 7, 2009

Slow down and PLAY

I have to apologize if it sounded like I was complaining about not having enough time to create this summer. I mean I was and I needed an attitude adjustment.
I started working on the computer the other morning, which my girls have come to dislike. Mommy(in a whiny voice), I need a snack. You know where they are. Mommy(crying) I have a boo-boo. Let's go put a bandaid on it. Mommy what are we going to do today? Where are we going to go today? What can I do? Mommy come here I need to show you something. Mommy can you get something for me? Mommy can I go to pbskids.org? I'm on the computer, what do you think
You get the idea. I was trying my hardest to be patient, knowing that I was not giving them much attention. I wasn't getting much accomplished and decided that instead of getting anxious or upset about it I was going to give in and go play. We built castles out of legos and played princess party. We played candyland. We organized their closet and discover lost toys. It was fun. And really, how much longer are these sweet little mini me's, going to want to hang out with their mom. Hello, Joslyn, they are not going to be 6 and 4 forever. And waiting two more weeks to start creating again is not that long in the whole scheme of things. So I have decided that I am going to take it easy the next couple of weeks, enjoy my kids, play, laugh, live. The beads will still be there after school starts.

Coming up...
Some of my favorite artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment